St. Victors Church Nellikar

In 1933, the Italian Missionary Fr.Angelo Gaviraghi sj founded this mission and in 1935 this mission station was dedicated to St Victor on the Silver Jubilee of the priesthood of Bishop Victor R. Fernandes.  The church building was completed in 1939 and inaugurated on April 16, 1940.  Fr.John M.Menezes was … Continue reading

St.Roque’s Church NEENRUDE

CHURCH OF ST ROQUE is situated at a distance of 35 kms to the north of Mangalore and 6 kms from Niddodi, and is surrounded by Ferar, Niddodi, Sampige and Kateel parishes. Bishop Victor Fernandes established this as an independent chaplaincy and named it Neerude and Fr James Sequeira, acting … Continue reading

ST.DOMINIC CHURCH.MIYAR

The church of St.Dominic at Miyar was built as a chapel to serve the needs of peasant families living to the east of Karkala town in 1937. On 1st December 1940 it was elevated as a new parish of Mangalore Diocese. The church building is adjacent to the Kudremukh road, … Continue reading